[De-Nut-Discussion] (no subject)

Sergej Schmidt schser at hs-pforzheim.de
Fri Oct 31 10:25:33 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

i'm actually trying to port Nut/OS to my Ethernut5 via TFTP boot, but there's a problem with the transmission. My current system is an ubuntu 14.04 running on a virtual machine (VMware player). I've set up U-boot as follow:

# Configure U?Boot loading from TFTP
setenv bootcmd run tftpbootnut

# Set IP?Address?Variables and Filename:
setenv tftpserverip 192.168.224.128
setenv serverip 192.168.224.128
setenv tftpserver 192.168.224.128
setenv nut_image_name nutapp.bin

# Save changes:
saveenv

My tftp setting is:

# Install necessary pakets:
sudo apt?get install xinetd tftpd tftp

# Create configuration file :
cd /etc/xinetd.d/
sudo gedit tftp

# Fill the configuration file and save:
service tftp
{
 protocol = udp
 port = 69
 socket_type = dgram
 wait = yes
 user = nobody
 server = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
 server_args = /tftpboot
 disable = no
}

# Create tftp root directory :
cd /
sudo mkdir tftpboot
sudo chmod ?R 777 /tftpboot
sudo chown ?R nobody /tftpboot

# Start tftpd through xinetd:
sudo /etc/ init . d/xinetd restart

Each time I push the reset button and ethernut trying to load the nut os, i'm only getting the messages: BOOTP broadcast 1,
BOOTP broadcast 2 and so on.

Ethernut board is connected directly to my host computer (no switch in between), may this be the problem?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Sergej