[En-Nut-Discussion] Programs larger than 64k bytes

Theodore A. Roth troth at openavr.org
Wed Nov 6 22:00:48 CET 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Harald Kipp wrote:

:) I moved both libs from /u/i86/lib to /lib and

Sounds like you could have just added -L/u/i86/lib to the link command to
fix that. Maybe the libs didn't get installed properly in the default lib
search path.

:) it works. But still the exe is 2,5MB. I called
:) strip uisp.exe and, voila, 250kB. Don't know,
:) what I#ve done. But it works.

By default uisp is compiled with debugging information (-g). Strip simply
removes all of that. After running strip on an executable, you can no
longer debug it.

Ted Roth