[En-Nut-Discussion] Recommended compiler?

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Fri Oct 4 22:45:18 CEST 2002

	I saw the supported compilers in the software section of the website.
Any comments on what folks prefer (gcc/icc)? From the website it looks like
icc is easier to debug using the existing tools.

	Also, I note the 8019AS is connected on all 16 address lines. Is is
possible to read/write the sram buffer directly? It _looks_ like it's possible
from reading the 8019AS pdf, but it's a little vague. I'd like to be able to
inspect the contents of the buffer to know how many packets of a certain type
are waiting to be read without having to wait for them to get copied into
memory using dma. The 8019AS makes note of an 'IOMS' bit that needs to be
set via the optional bootrom. Since it hasn't arrived yet I haven't had
a chance to play with it.

	Ethernut looks great! Exactly what I've been looking for. I'm eagerly
waiting for it to show up on my doorstep so I can start my mad science
projects.

	Thanks!

	Austin