[En-Nut-Discussion] Programs compiled under Linux do not work

Ralf Schulze ralf.schulze at ikp.uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 9 12:09:40 CEST 2002

Hello.

I have *big* trouble getting the provided sample programs (e.g. basemon.c,
etc.) to work when they are compiled under Linux. (Debian 3.0) When I compile
the basemon-program I can access the menu via rs232-interface, but when I try
to start the webserver I can enter MAC-address, IP, etc., but then nothing
happens. The program hangs. When I upload the precompiled binaries the
webserver starts without problems and it is accessible by my browser.

I installed gcc-3.2, binutils-2.13, avr-libc-20020630 and nut252.tar.gz. The
Ethernut-Board is version 1.0.

There were some things I had to change to get the nutOS-stuff and the
sample-apps compile properly:

    1. Change

           "if(us & OVR)" to  "if(us & DOR )"

       in "nut/dev/uartavr.c"

       (Changelog for avr-libc says:
        * include/io*.h: Rename OVR bit to DOR.
        ...)

    2. Replace linker-scripts

        ldscripts/avr3.* -> ldscripts/avrmega103.*

    3. Change some things in the 'crurom'-utility because of some
       win32/unix-incompatibilities.

Now everything compiles fine without any error messages, but it is not
working.

I also tried some of the other apps but they don't work either.
Using other/older versions of avr-libc or nutOS didn't bring any success.

When I compile under Windows with the avr-gcc from avr-freaks everthing is
working O.K., but I don't want to work under Windows because I don't have a
Windows-PC here at work (only at home).

Has anyone succeeded in compile Ethernut-apps under Linux? Any Ideas why the
progs aren't working? After a lot of trying I have no ideas anymore.

Thanks in advance for any hint, experience-report, etc.

Greetings

Ralf Schulze

--
Ralf Schulze