[En-Nut-Discussion] about tcp stack 2.4 an later

gfaxman vm12 at 21cn.com
Sat Oct 19 16:38:29 CEST 2002

Hi Harald:
     I found you have  total changed TCP stack code from nut2.4, why? Do you
think the new codes is better than old one?  Yes, it is more clear,  but I
think the tcp timer of  the new codes  which is based on  a function call  of
NutEventWait(&tcp_in_rdy, 200) may have bugs,  for example:
  1. If there are two sockets,   one  is connected  to a local network and is
continuous transmit/received  data.  one is  connected  to a host on
unreliable  network. I think the tcp timer would not running,  then the
second one would not retransmit lost packets.
  2.  When retransmitting a packet,  it would block for some reason ( ex: do
ARP, do dialing for PPP ), then the tcp timer would stop,  and would not
retransmit other packets.