[En-Nut-Discussion] Peripherials

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sun Oct 20 12:39:04 CEST 2002

Jarek,

Your suggestions are most welcome.

Here's our status at egnite:

We decided to use the LAN91C111 because of the
possibility to design boards for industrial
temperature ranges. I've just received a prototype
from another company with this chip and started to
write the device driver for Nut/OS.

However, the LAN91C111 has its drawbacks. It
consumes a lot power and its expensive. On the
other hand the Asix chip is NE2000 compatible and
should make it easy to create a Nut device driver.

There's no reason why not support both chips.

Regarding memory layout: I'd like to have a large
continous memory area from 0x0100 to 0xAFFF, using
0xB000 to 0xEFFF for extra memory paging and
0xF000 to 0xFFFF for memory mapped i/o. But may be
different layouts may be easier to decode.

Harald