[En-Nut-Discussion] PPP Driver

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Oct 29 10:16:22 CET 2002

Mike,

>Thanks Harald i'm glad to hear you like it. :)

Well, I started to hate it yesterday after finding
out, that Ethernet wasn't working anymore. Nah,
just kidding. :-) The NUTDEVICE structure of the
Ethernet Controller just didn't contain the new
items. Easily fixed.

Your additional routine NutPrintFormat_P is useful
in one way, but adds a lot of code. It's not very
useful for ICCAVR, because this compiler can't
handle string literals in flash ROM. You'd have
to write

const char foo[] = {"%d bar"};
NutPrintFormat_P(dev, foo, i);

ICCAVR users may not like this function, but the
code is still included.

varargs would solve it, because I can create a third
function containing the common code of NutPrintFormat
and NutPrintFormat_P. But looks like AVRGCC doesn't
support it. Any ideas anyone?