[En-Nut-Discussion] Attachments

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Apr 7 20:32:43 CEST 2003

Hi all,

Please try to avoid attachments while posting to this list.
Better use links or send it to me directly and I'll place it
on ethernut.de.

There are several reasons not to add attachments:

1. Some users have limited access, which may cause long
email upload times for them.

2. Some email clients can't decode all attachments, so the
user will only see a long email with lots of scrap. Outlook
seems to be one example.

3. The same weird email is stored in our archive, impossible
to be viewed by the reader. Also the archive's size is somewhat
limited.

I've reduced the message limit to 10k and will reject larger
messages, if they contain attachments. If your posting is refused,
please resend it to harald at egnite de.