[En-Nut-Discussion] Complete newbie...

Mikael Ejberg Pedersen mikael at ejberg.dk
Sun Aug 17 12:25:19 CEST 2003

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:20:13 +0200, you wrote:

>When I write to the mem (f. ex. *((int*)(void *)0xe000 = 128), it works but
>after some time (about a second) there is another write to the same place,
>which sets each bit to 1. When writing to 0xe001, the same thing happens a
>few seconds later. I'm 100% it's not me who does the writes.

I don't think that any write is actually happening, but it could be a
problem that the address remains on the bus after the write/read. That
will keep the chip select out of the address decoder asserted.

I had a similar problem with a T6963 based display, that didn't work
properly. The solution was to read from (or write to) a dummy address,
not in use anywhere, immediately after each access to the display.
Then the CS signal to the display disappeared, and after that I
haven't had any problems.

Mikael

--
Mikael Ejberg Pedersen