[En-Nut-Discussion] Somthing wrong in our LAN?

tyou tyou at i-da.co.jp
Mon Aug 18 10:17:17 CEST 2003

Hi,
    when using dhcp to configue Nut/OS,  two offers are found in
Ethereal capture.
The source are 198.168.1.1  and 198.168.1.3.  And the offer from 1.1
does not
have gateway and some other options. But this packet comes ealier than
the one
from 1.3, so Nut/OS receive and parse the worng packet , but can not get
gateway.
    LAN(10M/100M) Administrator tells us our gateway should be 1.3.
I think there must be something wrong with our LAN, because when copying
file from/to neighbour PC, the normal internet traffic will be almost
blocked.
is it?

Thanks.
Tyou