[En-Nut-Discussion] Atmel AVR embedded internet toolkit with CS8900A ethernet chip, e thernut port

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Aug 27 17:32:13 CEST 2003

Hi Doug,

Oh, you reminded me that I got an Atmel Internet Kit lying around
somewhere. I ordered it just because of the software. After looking
into it, I put it away and never applied power to the hardware.
But now it may be of value again to test the Crystal chip. :-)

>avr-ld init.o nutinit.o libnutnet.a libnutcrt.a libnutcrtf.a libnutdev.a
>libnutfs.a libnutos.a libnutpro.a

There's no application code! Also init.o is for backward compatibility
only. It has been replaced by nutinit.o.

May be you got confused, because the philosophy of Nut/OS differs
from the Atmel Kit software.

In Nut/OS, the libraries are linked to an application. Simply change
to one of the app subdirectories and enter make.

Using the Crystal should be easy, I hope (but never tried myself).

Replace
     NutRegisterDevice(&devEth0, 0x8300, 5);
     NutNetAutoConfig("eth0");
with
     NutRegisterDevice(&devEth0cs, 0, 0);
     NutNetAutoConfig("eth0cs");
Not sure about base address and interrupt number.