[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut Startup problems

HeltonGA at aol.com HeltonGA at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 07:13:17 CET 2003

After several hours of working with my new Ethernut board  (1.3 Rev F). I
still haven't gotten the sample HTML page to load with my web browser. Here's the
details.

My Ethernut board MAC ID is 00-06-98-01-03-EF, IP address is 192.168.0.112
and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. These have been verified by reading the
contents of the EEPROM with AVR Studio 4 through the ISP port. I am using Windows XP
and my browser is IE V6. The Ethernut board is connected to my PC through a 5
port LinkSys 10/100 hub with Cat 5 cable. The leds on Ethernut show a 10MB
connection (yellow led on) and I get periodic network activity (shown by the
green led flash).

While in a DOS window, I used the command line "C:\arp -s 192.168.0.112
00-06-98-01-03-EF" to create the IP entry. This entry was verifed by the "C:\arp
-a". Then I tried a ping with "C:\ping 192.168.0.112". No response was received
from Ethernut.

So now I try to get some help from the BaseMon program. When the serial comm
port was connected to the "nut" board and the board was reset, I get a
response of "Nut/OS 3.3.0.1 HTTP Daemon...". Then after about 30 seconds I get
"192.168.0.112 ready". The connection is at 115.2K baud. In addition, it should be
noted that no other menus come up nor does BaseMon respond to any "commands"
like B,E,F,R,S,X as describe in the hardware manual.

Of course, using IE to try to load the sample HTML webpage "index.html"
doesn't work either. When attempting to load the URL
"http://192.168.0.112/index.html" I get "the page cannot be displayed" error.

Is this a problem with Ethernut, IE setup, or network setup, or is it
something else. Documentation is very limited and behavior doesn't seem to be
consistent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fiz