[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut Startup problems

HeltonGA at aol.com HeltonGA at aol.com
Thu Dec 18 01:21:24 CET 2003

In a message dated 12/17/2003 3:43:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
harald.kipp at egnite.de writes:

> en-nut-discussion at egnite.de

Changing the IP address on my PC to a "similar" address as the Ethernut board
did the trick.

Ethernut IP address (as received)  = 192.168.0.112
PC IP address (changed to)             192.168.0.1
Subnet mask on Ethernut and PC = 255.255.255.0

Now both IP addresses are "Class C" and on the same subnet.

Pinging the Ethernut board now works (receives response) and the HTTP server
provides a web page when requested by the browser.

I do have another question though. When I click on one of the hyperlinks on
the "index.html" page, I get a login request for a user name and password. This
is certainly coming from XP. How do I turn this off ?

I am new to TCP/IP and Ethernet (development), so everyone please be patient
with me.

Many thanks to Harald his assistance.

Fiz