[En-Nut-Discussion] PPP: compression reject, DNS

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Dec 18 21:16:36 CET 2003

Michel,

>Sorry it took so long, but I managed to find the problem.
>In the IpcpRxConfReq function the rejected option is copied
>into the reply. But it copies data from the previous option,
>not the option it is rejecting at that moment.

I'm too tired to finally check your patch, but it
looks like you are fully right.

>Should I commit it to CVS? (Can I?)

No, you can't. But everybody is invited to step up
to the developer status. But there are several
rules to be followed, at least
http://www.ethernut.de/en/developers.html

Right now, Oliver Schulz is the only registered
developer with CVS write access. We could really
effort some more helping hands.

For your patch, I'll add it tomorrow. Or Oliver
can do that, if he didn't fall asleep already. :-)

>BTW. I used the pppc sample to setup the nameserver and default
>route and it works perfectly. Many thanks.

I have to thank you. I'm aware, how much hassle it
requires to track down these kind of problems. You
saved us all a lot of work.