[En-Nut-Discussion] Olimex LTD AVR-JTAG dongle

HeltonGA at aol.com HeltonGA at aol.com
Sun Dec 21 19:48:19 CET 2003

Does anyone have any experience with the Olimex LTD AVR-JTAG dongle ?

This is a much cheaper JTAG interface than Atmel's ($39.95 for Olimex vs
$299.99 for Atmel's). It is supposed to work with AVR Studio and appears to have
the same functions as Atmel's. I ordered one yesterday and hopefully will
receive it soon; however, they are out of stock right now. Here is a link to the
description for this device.

http://www.olimex.com/dev/avr-jtag.html

In addition, I have read some posts which indicate that there may be some
problems with symbolic debugging with AVR Studio and the output files from the
ImageCraft C complier. Is this true ?  If so, what are the details ?

Thanks in advance.

Fiz