[En-Nut-Discussion] Using NutTcpReceive() and NutTcpSend() in different threads

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Feb 5 10:00:26 CET 2003

Stephen,

Redefining NutEventWait(q, 0) from "waiting forever" to "no wait"
would break almost any application, wouldn't it?

Note, that NutEventWait is not only used on sockets, but any
I/O. And, after adding a few changes in 2.6.0 (thanks to Michael
Fischer), events are used as mutex semaphores too.

Btw. with these changes the second "if(*qhp == SIGNALED)"
was a left over and can be removed.

I'd recommend to add "#define NOWAIT 0xFFFFFFFF" and use
NutEventWait(q, NOWAIT). I'd prefer to explicitly set the
socket option, if you want non blocking and let blocking
be the default.