AW: [En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut IDE/CF Interface (English only)

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Jan 9 10:22:56 CET 2003

>     Please think about power consumption in the IDE interface. GALs <==>
>Xilinx's Coolrunner is the solution.

Viktor,

I fully agree. I checked the market and datasheets during the
last weeks and found Altera A4 and Xilinx Coolrunner as good
solutions. Xilinx seems to have better documentation.

But Michael got the thing running with GALs. Guess, like me
he doesn't have much experience with CPLDs.

Regarding power consumption: Yes, for the CF interface this
may be important. Of course not for the drive interface.
I'll try to select low power GALs.