[En-Nut-Discussion] Using upper 64k of flash

Lars Haack lars.haack at gmx.de
Thu Jan 30 21:08:20 CET 2003

Hi Jason,

I had problems using the upper 64k of my ATmega103 too. It has been no
problem with the code region but with the initialized data that has to be
copied from behind the 64k barrier if the code exceeds 64k. The code should
not be a problem because the 16Bit wide Program-Counter only addresses
16Bit-Values ( 64k*16Bit). I solved it by patching the releated linker
script. These problems are related to the ATmega103 only. After replacing it
by an ATMega128 I needed no patch any more.
Please see also my original post
http://www.egnite.de/pipermail/en-nut-discussion/2002-December/000310.html

Regards
  Lars