[En-Nut-Discussion] Porting to other platforms

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Jul 3 10:10:05 CEST 2003

Mike,

>BTW I am in the middle of porting NutOS to the Renesas (Hitachi) H8S, I'm
>not sure if anybody cares for such a thing but let me know if you do.

That sounds great. I'm trying to limit the number of changes
right now, but we need a more complex change next. I'll do
a port to ARM7. Do to this I have to follow some of the
advices of Ralph Mason. Let's keep in touch, I'll inform
you when I'm going to implement some system wide changes.

Unfortunately the MSP430 still doesn't support external
memory. Does the H8 do? If not, it won't be able to run
a TCP stack unless it contains 16k of internal RAM.