[En-Nut-Discussion] Porting to other platforms

Mike Cornelius mikec at calldirect.com.au
Thu Jul 3 10:52:59 CEST 2003

Hi Harald,

Yup, the H8 has 24 bit address bus and 16 bit data bus with 32 bit internal
registers.
The hardware I'm working with (Nokia Smart Adapter) actually has 512KB flash
and 256K SRAM.

One thing i've noticed so far is the casting of pointers to u_shorts in
heap.c and thread.c , this is OK if pointers are 16 bit as on the AVR but
does not work so well on the H8 or the ARM.

I'm just casting them to u_ints instead which at a guess should be a more
portable way to do things.

One thing to think about, should there be a different variant of thread.c
and atom.h (and any others I havn't discovered yet) for each processor or
should there be one difficult to read version with countless #ifdefs ?

Mike