[En-Nut-Discussion] How to use UDP sockets

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Sun Jul 6 14:17:27 CEST 2003

Hi!

I want to receive a fixed block of data (4KB) from any sender. It should be
very fast, the sender should not be blocked if the receiver is not availale.
I don't need handshake, if a packet is dropped it's not a mess. It should
work with broadcast adresses too, to adresse more than one receiver at once.

So I thought to use a UDP connection but as I looked at the
NutUdpReceiveFrom function I saw that there is required the sender's IP
adress. That's bad since I have more than one sender and I don't want to
configure the receiver.

What I want is: some senders could send a packet to a broadcast/multicast
adresse and all receivers see this packet.

Can anyone help me. Since the senders are DOS computers running WATTCP some
info on that part is also interesting, you may send it private if it is
offtopic here.

Thank you
Thorsten