[En-Nut-Discussion] JTAG problems - no power - detected voltage ~ 1.1V

Brett Abbott Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
Sat Jul 26 13:05:42 CEST 2003

Hi

My previously reliable JTAG has decided not to work any more.  My
ethernuts are getting lonely :(

Has any one seen the following message before or able to suggest who I
should talk to/email for suggestions?

I have tried on several ethernuts and power supplies.  Voltage across
VTRef to GND is just 5V.  Have I broken my cable perhaps?  (No damage
apparent).

Running AVRSTudio 4.06.

Any help or guidance greatfully accepted.

Brett

"JTAG ICE

The JTAG ICE is present, but there is no target power (or the target
power is to low to ensure correct communication with the device).  The
detected voltage is ~ 1.1V. Required minimum voltage is 1.7V.  Apply
sufficient power to the target application or target device and click
Retry.  To abort, click Cancel.

(Retry/Cancel Buttons available)"

Brett Abbott, Managing Director, Digital Telemetry Limited
Email: Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
PO Box 24 036 Manners Street, Wellington, New Zealand
Phone +64 (4) 5666-860  Mobile +64 (21) 656-144
------------------- Commercial in confidence --------------------