[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with Ethernut Startup

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Tue Jun 24 22:57:12 CEST 2003

> That are 32k of LEDs times 20mA each results in 655.36 Amps.
> No wonder that there is some noise coming from the power
> supply.
No. They are multiplexed. 32 modules with 16x16x2 LEDs, each muxed so that
only one 32 LED Line per module is lit. So maximum is 32x32=1024 LEDs * 20mA
= 20A. Huh, there is something wrong. Ok, datasheet says max 3,2A per
module, so I have 3,2A x 32 = 102A. Supply is a 90A supplay. There are never
all LEDs on and the supply has an overload protection.

Thorsten