[En-Nut-Discussion] Suggestion

Ralph Mason ralph.mason at telogis.com
Thu Mar 27 08:06:20 CET 2003

I have just ported the ethernut OS to run on windows, allowing applications
to be debugged on the PC.  I plan on making this available to anyone that
wants it. I think it could run on linux - the context switching is
assembler, the only changes would need to be the interrupt simulation.

I have a little suggestion to the maintainers of the ethernut software.

When you want to do address arithmetic on a pointer cast the pointer to a
u_char* not to a ushort. This makes the code portable to architectures with
different pointer sizes.

In case anyone wonders why I would port to a PC.  I debug ALL my embedded
applications on a PC, once you have the hardware interface done, it's much
easier & faster to debug application logic on a pc.

Thanks

Ralph Mason
Senior Engineer
www.telogis.com