[En-Nut-Discussion] Memory Requirements

polyester99 polyester99 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 04:47:36 CET 2003

Hi All,

As I understand it, the internal RAM is used for globals and statics
within functions. Automatic variables come from the thread's stack,
which comes from the heap.

So I'm wondering why an application like httpd needs such a large
amount of internal RAM (1047) compared to, say, DHCP (18). What is
causing httpd to use up so much internal RAM ? Does it need to process
inbound/outbound packets in there perhaps ?

I noticed the httpd code had quite a lot of strings in, but I would
have thought strings could remain in ROM.

Thanks for any help.