[En-Nut-Discussion] 10M ethernet problems?

Pavel Chromy chromy at asix.cz
Fri Mar 14 09:54:52 CET 2003

Friday, March 14, 2003, 1:22:47 AM danny-cvs wrote:

> if we replace the 100Mbit, the is 32K SRAM enough?
> and I doubt the mega128 can handle such fast speed of 100Mbit controller?

That's why the ethernet controller is there - the mcu need not to
handle 100 Mbit/s - the eth. controller does.
1) 100 Mbit is whole network traffic, atmega only processes data addressed to the board
2) I don't suppose that atmega can handle whole bandwidth, but
remebmer there is TCP flow control (receive window) which will slow the data.

Pavel