[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: PPP Start-up example not compiling

Tomohiro HARAIKAWA hal at cs.inf.shizuoka.ac.jp
Sat May 10 17:21:44 CEST 2003

Hello, Sirs:

  I have registered to en-nut-discussion mailing list today.  Pleased
to meet you.

Hello, Cosmin:

>     I use the latest nutos(3.2.1) and avr-gcc 3.3. All standard nut
> samples compile well. I am new to avr/gcc/make, please be patient:)
> Headers are OK, I can't figure what is wrong.

  I was faced to the same problem and still cannot figure out what is
wrong.  Instead, I found there are slight changes in Makefile concern-
ing to the library linkage.

[Nut/OS 3.0.1 - app/tcps/Makefile]
  LIBS =  $(LIBDIR)/nutinit.o -lnutnet -lnutpro -lnutfs -lnutos -lnutdev
-lnutcrt -lnutos

[Nut/OS 3.2.1 - app/tcps/Makefile]
  LIBS =  $(LIBDIR)/nutinit.o -lnutdev -lnutnet -lnutpro -lnutnet -
lnutfs -lnutos -lnutdev -lnutcrt -lnutos

I found that linking libraries in following order seems to work well:)

  LIBS =  $(LIBDIR)/nutinit.o -lnutpro -lnutos -lnutdev -lnutnet -lnutfs
-lnutcrt

I am seeking what's behind, too.

Regards,

---