[En-Nut-Discussion] avr cannot afford heavy network traffic?

danny-cvs danny at acronexus.com
Thu May 29 03:09:48 CEST 2003

I now found a ethernut network problem, when I use an application which send large broadcast and the ethernut cannot fast enough to catch the incoming packages then RTL8019 is overflow and reset; but a similar device with 10/100 still work fine(but it is ARM processor). Although I intend to develop 10/100 version, but, I am afraid that the AVR is 8-bit uP, even I use 10/100, the problem is still exist.
can anyone give your comments?

Best Regard
Danny Lu