[En-Nut-Discussion] Duplicate ACKs with window size = 0

Stephen Noftall stephenn at lcsaudio.com
Fri May 30 20:54:53 CEST 2003

Hi all;

I am running into a problem using TCP/IP on Ethernut, and would like to
clarify something. When the network gets congested, Ethernut will send ACKs
to the transmiter with a window size of 0. In our application, this repeats
up to 20 times, roughly every 20 mS. Then it sends a non-zero window size,
and the transmission continues.

I assume this is because it is running out of memory space. But then, could
it also be because it is running out of netbuffers? Is the number of
netbuffers dynamic? Can I try to fine tune TCP_MSS and TCP_WINSIZE? As you
can see, still learning the Ethernut code base ;-)

I am using Etherpeak to capture the data, which is a very handy tool!

Thanks

Stephen Noftall