[En-Nut-Discussion] Correction to previous post and more info

Kyle Rhodes kyle at ghbraille.com
Fri Nov 21 13:04:51 CET 2003

Hello again and again and again,

I'm sure you're all sick of reading my posts by now, but I have a
correction and more info.  (Not to mention I'm totally desperate with
management breathing down my neck for this machine!) :)  In the previous
post I said I tried calling fread(0, 0, 0, 0) to clear the read buffer,
which in fact I called it like this: fread(NULL, 0, 0, rs232).  This had
no affect...  Well, for the heck of it I tried: fread(NULL, 1, 1,
rs232).  This should be the same since the buffer pointer is NULL,
however it read one byte off the buffer.  The FIRST call to read my
status packet was one byte off, in the past the first one always
worked...  Interesting...

Thanks for any help any of you may offer,

Kyle Rhodes
Hardware / Software Engineer
gh, LLC
3000 Kent Ave