[En-Nut-Discussion] make runs amok on Win2k

Dave Smart Dave at Smart-Family.net
Sun Nov 23 15:57:31 CET 2003

I finally retired an old slow Win98 system that I was using for Ethernut
development using gcc. Since I needed "just one more minor change" to a
product based on nut252, I copied across all the tools to a faster win2k
system.

I then configured nutenv.bat and ran "make" -  It does not seem to be
iterating the folders as it did on Win98, instead trying to make the
top-level makefile. I have a vague memory that somebody else had this
problem long ago and there was a simple solution, but on perusal of the old
discussion list emails, I didn't find it.

Below is a snip of what's happening. It seems to be recursively creating
threads until all system memory is consumed or I abort it, as here -

Dave Smart

D:\Projects\EtherNut\Nut252>make
for i in os fs dev net pro ; do make -C $i; done
C:\WinAVR\utils\bin\make.exe[1]: Entering directory
`D:/Projects/EtherNut/Nut252'
for i in os fs dev net pro ; do C:/WinAVR/utils/bin/make.exe -C $i; done
C:\WinAVR\utils\bin\make.exe[2]: Entering directory
`D:/Projects/EtherNut/Nut252'
for i in os fs dev net pro ; do C:/WinAVR/utils/bin/make.exe -C $i; done
C:\WinAVR\utils\bin\make.exe[3]: Entering directory
`D:/Projects/EtherNut/Nut252'
for i in os fs dev net pro ; do C:/WinAVR/utils/bin/make.exe -C $i; done
C:\WinAVR\utils\bin\make.exe[4]: Entering directory
`D:/Projects/EtherNut/Nut252'
for i in os fs dev net pro ; do C:/WinAVR/utils/bin/make.exe -C $i; done
C:\WinAVR\utils\bin\make.exe[5]: Entering directory
`D:/Projects/EtherNut/Nut252'
for i in os fs dev net pro ; do C:/WinAVR/utils/bin/make.exe -C $i; done
C:\WinAVR\utils\bin\make.exe[6]: Entering directory
`D:/Projects/EtherNut/Nut252'
for i in os fs dev net pro ; do C:/WinAVR/utils/bin/make.exe -C $i; done
C:\WinAVR\utils\bin\make.exe[7]: Entering directory
`D:/Projects/EtherNut/Nut252'
for i in os fs dev net pro ; do C:/WinAVR/utils/bin/make.exe -C $i; done
C:\WinAVR\utils\bin\make.exe[8]: Entering directory
`D:/Projects/EtherNut/Nut252'
for i in os fs dev net pro ; do C:/WinAVR/utils/bin/make.exe -C $i; done
"C:\WinAVR\utils\bin\make.exe": Interrupt/Exception caught (code =
0xc0000005, addr = 0x416229)
make: *** [all] Error 66048
make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc0000005, addr = 0x416229)