AW: [En-Nut-Discussion] Fwd: Error on timeout

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Nov 24 10:12:55 CET 2003

Again this topic

>#define NutRegisterInterrupt(arglist...) \
>#error NutRegisterInterrupt is obsolete, please use
>NutRegisterIrqHandler...
>
>This gives the user in the migration path a hint rather than a link
>error.
>
>Dave

Dave,

Oliver Schulz told me that this doesn't work. He is right and
I was too fast with my answer that this might be a good idea.

The preprocessor

1. Doesn't like that syntax.
2. With corrected syntax (defining a function) the preprocessor
would need two passes to handle it.

I like this kind of problems...but can't find a solution.
Does anybody know a construct to emit a warning if the code
uses an obsolete function? I remember Java doing this, but C?