[En-Nut-Discussion] RE: Problem with the Port E (William Basser)

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Nov 25 17:22:08 CET 2003

>  Because though I only use it at the begining of my
>program, is there any way to Unregister this device
>after its use? (I think that I have read somewhere
>that we can't do that, but I want just to be sure).

Good question. One of the bad feature with the current implementation
of Nut/OS is, that many things can be created, but not many can be
destroyed to free resources.

Do you need the UART for output only? If yes, I'd
recommend to use NutRegisterDevice(&devDebug0, 0, 0), which
uses much less resources and later set outb(UCR, 0) to disable
UART0.