[En-Nut-Discussion] Understanding NutHeapAlloc()/NutHeapFree()

Jan Dubiec jdx at slackware.pl
Thu Nov 27 12:20:49 CET 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:15:42 +1100, "Mike Cornelius" <mikec at call-direct.com.au> wrote:

Hi Mike,

> Hi Jan,
>
> Why 're-invent the wheel' there are already 2 H8 ports I did one, and at
> about the same time another fella called Tyou did one too.
> Surely it would be easier to use one of ours ?
I know the second (Tyou's) port. I took a few ideas from it, but in
general it don't impress me much. Additionaly it is designed for
Renesas' compiler. It is also good to review and understand the source
so I have decided to make my own port compatible with KPIT toolchain.

> To answer your question 6 is the sizeof(0xDEADBEEF) + the
> sizeof(HEAPNODE:hn_size)
But why not sizeof(HEAPNODE)? I still can't understand this.

> So on the H8 it shoud instead be 8 since it's a 32bit machine.
IMO H8/300H is 16 bit MCU although it has 32 bit wide registers and
pointer size in advanced mode is also 32 bit (but only 24 bits are
used). :-)

> Let me know if you want my port and I'll tell you how to get it.
I would be greateful if I could take a look at it.

Regards,
/J.D.
--
Jan Dubiec, jdx at slackware.pl, mobile: +48 602 101787

Głęboka wiara wymaga płytkiego rozumu i nikłej wiedzy.