[En-Nut-Discussion] Connection interrupt detection...

Czerteak czerteak at email.cz
Mon Oct 6 00:31:47 CEST 2003

Hi,

I need to perform a specific task but I don't know how. :-( In my Ethernut, I
have a program which acts as a TCP server. The client connects and starts to
"listen" (just accepts data). The server serves the data in some interval
(about 10 bytes every 50ms). I need to detect whether the client side is
still listening. My idea was to change the socket timeout to some short time
so the connection would be terminated automatically (if no ACK comes back in
50ms it's clear the other side is dead).

Is it a good approach? It ithere a better solution? What should I change to
shorten the timeout to such small value?

Thanks...
Czerteak