[En-Nut-Discussion] Synching Calldirect using NutOS

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Oct 13 15:48:22 CEST 2003

Hi Andre,

Timing is a bad chapter in Nut/OS. Initially a second counter
had been implemented, but I had to learn, that the patches
for running Nut/OS without 32kHz crystal do not update this
counter. Another bad story is, that NutGetTickCount is almost
unusable for timing calculations unless you spoil the code
with lots of ifdefs.

Well, the new function NutGetSeconds() should be a better
basis for adding time(), gmtime() and all the other goodies.
As long as an accuracy of about 1 second is sufficient,
this should be easy to implement now.

On the protocol side NTP is quite complicated, I'd prefer
a simplified SNTP. But nothing is available right now, AFAIK.

Harald

At 18:07 13.10.2003 +0500, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I need to get accurate timing (current time) from a Calldirect gprs modem
>using ethernut. Is there some support for getting accurate time in NutOS?
>Can I synch with NTP servers? Is there any such support for this? Thanks
>

>-Andre

How come I receive all worms from MS then. :-)