[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with UDP sockets

Martin Kresse m.kresse at cut5-systemhaus.de
Mon Oct 13 21:08:46 CEST 2003

Hi,

I think I have the same problem. I want my ethernut (the client) to
periodically request a certain amount of data from the server, which
will then send a couple of packets containing the data back to the
ethernut. I found out that the server must not not send the packets out
too fast, or otherwise the nut isn't able to keep up, and calls to
NutUdpReceiveFrom() return with 0. The "Timeout-errors" disappeared
after I added some delays in  the server (which renders my protocol
useless). I believe this is due to the fact, that UDP is not only
connectionless but also lacks any automated flow control, and Nut/Net
(please correct me if this is wrong) buffers only a single incoming UDP
packet.

Martin