[En-Nut-Discussion] SF's anonymous CVS problem

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Oct 17 12:19:04 CEST 2003

>Would the developer(s)/contributor(s) kindly like to make & export a weekly
>"test-release" for those of us who can't get the latest full CVS nut to
>the EtherNUT
>web site?

As far as I understood, SF got serious problems with their
server loads and moving the anonymous access to different
mirror sites.

Today I'd prefer http://savannah.gnu.org/, but this would
require some extra work and there are more important tasks
to be done.

I'll try to create regular snapshots. But currently I'm
the only maintainer of the repository and very short in
time. As the project is growing, I'd like to extend the
Sourceforge developer access to the CVS repository.
However, I must admit, that I'm already struggling with
the complicated system and would need some help to set
this up.

One additional comment: I do not know the number of
people using Nut/OS, but it increased a lot within this
year. In order to avoid breaking existing systems, it is
important to move forward very conservative. Also, many
contributers do not have access to the ImageCraft Compiler
and ignore certain porting issues, e.g. PSTR(). Therefore
my company is prepared to be the final approval instance
for official releases.