[En-Nut-Discussion] Dynamic memory allocation

Raanan Refua raanan at hellotech.co.il
Wed Oct 22 10:28:48 CEST 2003

Hi All

I have a problem regarding dynamic allocation of memory.
I am using
NutOs version 03 02 01 01
Compiler version ICCAVR Version 6
AVR Studio version 4.07 Build 240

I have implemented a simple program of a doubly linked list. Each element
has a pointer to a buffer of 8 bytes, and prev, next pointers (total of 12
bytes).

My board has 64kb of external RAM.

When I am using a list with upto 100 elements, everything is working fine.
When I am using 500 elements, the queue fails to work properly (not enough
memory, elements that were already freed, are being freed again, etc.).

I am sure that the problem is not a bug, but something that I have to
configure in the environment.

Do you have any ideas/leads for me?

Thanks

Raanan