[En-Nut-Discussion] Not using Ethernut but using the RTL8019as, can you help me out?

Sergio Palacios Macias spm at iteso.mx
Wed Sep 17 23:20:35 CEST 2003

As I said, I'm developing a school project that consists to interface an 8051
with an rtl8019 isa-card. I've done al the wiring between both devices and I
checked all the connections and they all seem to be right.

         For testing good communication between the nic and the uC I did a
program that initializes the nic and then access the mac address from the card
to store such address in to de microcontroller but finally I get no response
from the card at all.  I’ve checked several times every signal to and from the
nic and they all look ok but nothing seems to happen, no data comes out from
the isa-card.

        For developing this project I was based on the datasheets for the
rtl8019 and also for the dp8390. I also have checked out many projects
(embeddedethernet, the one that is at 8052 web page, Sx Stack, web51, the
packet whacker, Ethernut of course, etc) and in theory my hardware and software
should work but they don’t. Any tip?

Sergio