[En-Nut-Discussion] Newbie

Claus Wahl/Norsk Display AS claus at norsk-display.com
Sun Apr 4 19:46:45 CEST 2004

hi, list
We have searched for a 'simple' way to net-enable our displays (SNTP and PPP
first). Thinking of cloning the v1.3 HW as we need the size to fit available
space, it will be a main board of 60x100mm with piggyback ethernet part. The
design will be available to anyone.
The good thing is we're well into AVR programming and ICC.
Now we need to explore the limitations of the ethernut system, before buying
a dev kit.
I'd be grateful if someone would fill me in on some issues here:

1. How to get a MAC-addess for each card (this is a low volume design)?
2. Does it support program update over ethernet (easy upload via internet or
a emailed hex-file)?
3. Is a solid SNTP solution available? (could not find it in the v3.4.2)
4. Is the Ethernet2 HW open source? (good alternative to the 1.3)

I could have mailed Harald directly, as he seems to be a true resource and
involved person, but I also want to test YOU.
Thanks!
cwahl