[En-Nut-Discussion] need advice

Sergey Basmanov sergey at idknet.com
Thu Apr 8 00:11:01 CEST 2004

Hello,
Can somebody give me an advice?
I need to communicate with smartcard chip. There is some limitations:
1. clock must be present during session and in 1-5MHz range
2. bit length depends on clock - 1 bit = 372 clk.

I found only one way to implement it:
Use one timer for clock generation (pwm mode) and another timer that
runs 186 times slower for catching bit start/center.
But I'm afraid that this will take a lot of cpu time at card clock about
1.8 MHz (this gives comm speed about 4900bps).
Will ethernut2 board work properly if interrupt generated every 9910 cpu
clocks (14745600/8/186)?

Thank You.