[En-Nut-Discussion] Quickly flushing input stream

Krzysztof Jankowski kjankow at o2.pl
Thu Apr 8 09:27:30 CEST 2004

Hi,
how can I quickly clear (flush) an input stream e.x. UART's buffer ?
For output streams there is fflush() function, so what about input ones ?

I'm looking for something like code below, but this seems to suspend a thread when
the stream had been already emptied. Another disadvantage of that solution is a
not necessary loop.

FILE *uart;
int c;

    do {
       c = fgetc(uart);
    } while(c != EOF);

Other possible solution could be to move stream's position to the beginning using
fseek(), but as I read documentation this function isn't implemented yet.
Is there any ioctl() I could use on uart's buffer to do that job ?

ps. I'm using the previous release of NutOS (3.3.1 I hope).

Thanks,
Krzysztof