[Re: [En-Nut-Discussion] Lock bits reset]

Petr Slansky slansky at usa.net
Fri Apr 9 19:44:34 CEST 2004

Hi!

have you noticed that XTAL1 pin is connected to the crystal pin too? I beleive
taht crystal pin is more accesible, you can solder a external frequncy source
cable there, you can leave original crystal at its place. It is not dificult,
you only need an external oscilator, whatever with frequency 1MHz, 8MHz, or
10MHz, ... and a little luck.

With regards,
Petr

Radek Podgorny <radek at podgorny.cz> wrote:

> Thanks for the advice... I think this is the real problem here (disabled
> internal clock). I was going to try the method you've described in the FAQ
> but I failed to find the pin for that XTAL1. Is it available somewhere on
the  Ethernut board? I hope it is, cause i really dont want to connect
anything to  those tiny pins on the processor itself... :-(

  Petr Slansky, slansky at usa.net