[En-Nut-Discussion] Follow-Up: DMA-style read functionality for USARTAVR

Matthias Ringwald mringwal at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Apr 15 18:36:20 CEST 2004

Hi

I didn't get much feedback to my posting, so I there's not much
interest.
Nevertheless, I did implement a block read mechanism and it works as
expected.
A read (uart, buffer, 1000) will only return if a timeout occured or
the 1000 bytes are read.

To use this feature, you have to issue the call
_ioctl(_fileno(uart), UART_SETBLOCKREAD, &block_read)
whereas block_read = 1 enables block read mode and block_read = 0
disables it.

you can download the changed file for now here:
http://www.inf.ethz.ch/~mringwal/downloads/usart_block_read-2004-04
-15.zip

those are otherwise up-to-date with the cvs as of 15.04.2004.

I guess depending on interest, this would either make it into the main
cvs or
will go to the ethernut projects page.

Have fun,
Matthias