[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS and file in external EEPROM

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at dfsoft.cz
Fri Apr 30 17:48:39 CEST 2004

Hi Pavel,

you mentioned that you use EEPROM as a file. Do you treat it as 1 file only ?

BTW, I contributed a pseudo file system with DataFlash (see
http://www.ethernut.de/en/projects.html).
I think that architecture of DataFlash device is much more quicker (2
internal buffers) than I2C access to a classic paged EEPROM.

I am interested in your experience with your solution.

At 12:00 30.4.2004, you wrote:
>Message: 1
>Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:27:19 +0200
>From: Pavel Chromy <chromy at asix.cz>
>
>I'm using my own device driver to acces I2C EEPROM as a file
>(with the advantage that I don't care whether the data is in EEPROM or
>program space).

Dusan