[En-Nut-Discussion] Hi, I´m new to Ethernut and new to the list.

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Fri Aug 6 08:24:13 CEST 2004

Harald Kipp wrote:

>  Sorry for this smorgasbord. When Ethernut started, most users were
>  AVR experts and had been mostly satisfied with the schematics. While
>  the project is developing, it more and more becomes the first contact
>  with the world of embedded programming for many users. We are aware
>  of this and try to help.

Harald, I feel compelled to reply.  The Ethernut is my first contact w/
the embedded world; and I've found the tools to be excellent (I recently
switched to the winavr package, from ICC). The mailing list to be most
helpful; often when I've come up to a problem, I either have a saved
copy of an email with the answer, or someone rights in about the problem
when I'm composing my thoughts.  I throughly enjoy the fact that the
experts on this list are always willing to help, and do so with a
cheerful attitude.

I also truly appreciate the fact that Egnite puts out a fully assembled
starter kit.  A lot of people I'm sure are/were in my boat; looking for
a low cost (hobbyist class), well thought out, supported, fully
assembled embedded ethernet controller.  In fact, I had searched for
well over a year.  It wasn't until the July 3, 2003 article about
Contiki running on the Ethernut that I discovered the device I was
looking for existed!

So, all this to say that I truly appreciate all the hard work Egnite,
Harald and everyone else has put forth!

Thanks,
dan