[En-Nut-Discussion] Write to file

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Mon Aug 30 11:41:12 CEST 2004

Hello,

> Example I want to save information from a internett user when he uses a form on the website.

You can't write directly to the flash rom of the atmega. There is an
instruction to do this, but you only can use it if your instruction
pointer is beyond the bootloader address set by the fuse bits. So normal
programs won't be able to write to the flash.

But of course you could use the eeprom area. Have a look to the
eeprom_write_byte / eeprom_write_block function as an example
(avr-libc). But beware of using the lower 64 (perhaps 128) bytes? They
are used by NutOS.

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19