[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP stops working after some time

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Dec 8 11:19:13 CET 2004

Hello Bernd,

At 22:54 27.11.2004 +0100, you wrote:
>I have an application using 3.9-1 that does a lot of connects and
>disconnects.
>After some time the Boards doesn't respond to TCP Packets anymore,
>but I can still ping it.

We've set up a simple test case using a TCP server
on the Ethernut and a client on a W2K PC. The
client connects the Ethernut server, one segment
is exchanged in both direction and then the
client disconnects, sleeps for 10 seconds and
repeats the procedure.

The test is running for nearly one week now with
more than 50,000 connects and no problem so far.
Ethernut is still responding to TCP connects.

One minor difference: We are using 3.9.2, but
I can't remember any relevant fix since 3.9.1.