[En-Nut-Discussion] Banked memory leak

Lars Andersson laran at ikp.liu.se
Sat Dec 11 12:10:35 CET 2004

Hi All,

I am trying to use the memory buffer implemented in benkmem.h but have encountered some issues. The platform I am using is an Ethernut 1.3

The application works as far as data being is written correctly and can be read read correctly from the buffer using "NutSegBufReadRequest(...)". The problem accures when commiting the read data using
"NutSegBufReadCommit(...)" and "NutSegBufReadLast(...)". Then when I call "NutSegBufWriteRequest()" the number of consecutive bytes available for writing has not increased since the last call, even though a number of bytes has been commited which resultes in buffer overrun. The code I use is based on the playmp3 example together with the code in vs1001k.c device. The buffer is initiated using "NutSegBufInit(8192);" and I still have some 15k. memory left in the heap.

Has enyone experienced this problem ? I assume I have missed something the question is what :)

Regards,
Lars A. Andersson